Ready or not Fall has arrived in Chicago! And with the start of changing leaves and dropping temperatures comes the return of classes for a lot of PPM residents. Many of our buildings are accessible to students either by foot or public transit. Whether you’re a student at DePaul, Loyola, Northwestern, University of Chicago, the list goes on, PPM and Chicago are amazing resources for students.
We asked one of our residents, Chelsie, to share some of her thoughts with us as a student living in Chicago and renting an apartment. Here’s what she had to say:
As a law student at Loyola I understand the concerns of students. The last thing you need, on top of your student loans, is an over priced apartment. Lucky for you, you either live in a PPM building or you stumbled across this blog because you had a stroke of genius and are considering a PPM building. PPM apartments are not only reasonably priced, they’re also centrally located. Whether you decide to walk to class or take the bus or train, living in a PPM building allows students to have a reasonable commute from any one of our buildings. Not only that but all of the neighborhoods our buildings are located in neighborhoods that boast a number of coffee shops (with free wifi) that are perfect for study sessions when you just have to get out of the library.
I don’t know how many moments I’ve had when I’m running behind for class and I’ve forgotten to print an assignment. It’s a terrible feeling. The business center located in my building has saved me too many times to count. It also provides a quiet study space and change of scenery when I want to study at home.
Not only is PPM student-friendly, Chicago provides some special treatment as well. And when in doubt, ask! You’d be surprised how many stores and restaurants have a student discount when you have your student ID on you. We’ve rounded up what we think are some of the best deals for students around the windy city:
- Apple offers a $100 gift card to students purchasing a Mac computer before September 20th
- Top Shop offers a 10% discounts to students year round
- Amazon offers a free trial of Amazon Prime (which gives you free shipping) with a student email address
- The Art Institute of Chicago offers a $50 membership to students
- Ann Taylor offers a 20% discount to students
- Banana Republic offers a 15% discount to students
- J. Crew offers a 15% discount on regularly priced items to students
- AT&T, Verizon, and T-mobile offer discounts if your school participates in their program
- AMC Theatres offer student discounted tickets at all their theatres every Thursday
- Qdoba has student burrito meals for $5
- Subway offers 10% off to students
Thank you for these great tips, Chelsie — these will be very helpful to many students in Chicago!
If you are a student in Chicago looking for an apartment, look no further than PPM! We offer great apartments in some of Chicago’s best neighborhoods — Lincoln Park, Lakeview, and the Gold Coast — all with easy access to universities and colleges in Chicago, Many of our buildings have business centers with free Wi-fi and printing, fitness centers, pools, bike storage and more!
Book an appointment with us online or call (773)-570-3744 to learn more. One of our expert leasing agents will give you a tour of our apartments and can take you on an online tour if you’re unavailable to see it in person!