Dirty computer screens are a big pet peeve of ours. Smudge-covered screens make everything more difficult to see, so when you use your computer on a daily basis, regular cleanings are a must. But as many of us know, cleaning screens with towels and water can cause annoying streaks to form that actually make visibility worse.
If you can relate to this aggravating dilemma, get ready for some (relatively) life-changing news—we’ve discovered a secret method to cleaning your computer screen effectively, and you probably already have everything you need right in your apartment’s pantry. Check out the list of ingredients and steps below for a super simple way to get your computer screen looking squeaky clean.
Super Easy Computer Screen Cleaning Solution:
½ cup White Vinegar
½ cup Distilled Water
- Mix the white vinegar and distilled water together in an empty spray bottle to form the solution.
- Spray the solution onto a t-shirt or a microfiber cloth. Avoid using paper towels or tissues to clean, which can leave streaks or scratch your screen.
- Wipe the entire screen down using tiny circular motions.
- Repeat step three using an eyeglass cloth (if you have one on hand).
- Use the solution to fix any remaining smudges on the screen or keyboard.
Voila! You’ve got a clean screen.