One of the main reasons we here at PPM love summers in Chicago is not only the weather, beaches, and amazing farmers markets. But the countless festivals that pop up every week, spanning from River North all the way to Lakeview. Chicago is king when it comes to summer festivals.
Yet one festival is a staple to when it comes to our great city, the one and only Taste of Chicago! Situated right in the heart of Grant Park, you can expect music, drinks, and the best food Chicago has to offer. Not only that but there are countless activities and city venders to seek out and enjoy during this traditional festival.
Check out our Taste Video
So when is the taste you ask, July 8th to the 12th 2015 and of course it’s FREE! That’s right the taste of Chicago is a free fest, however priority seating is available for concerts including Weezer and countless Chef meet and greets. If you live in one of PPM buildings either in River North or the Gold Coast you can simply walk down the Magnificent Mile and enjoy the sights on the way. If you live in one of our great locations traversing Lincoln Park or Lakeview, simply hop on the brown line or red line south till you hit downtown. We highly recommend avoiding driving or even grabbing a cab/Uber as the streets and parking can become troublesome. Alternatively you can hop on your bike or use a Divvy for an easy ride to the park.
Now of course we like to head to the taste for the amazing food. So let’s take a look at the 5-Day Restaurants you can enjoy. But don’t forget there will be many pop up vendors and food trucks yet to be announced, yet surely will be there.
• Beat Kitchen – 2100 W. Belmont Ave.
• Billy Goat Tavern & Grill – 1535 W. Madison St.
• BJ’s Market & Bakery – 8734 S. Stony Island Ave.
• Bobak Sausage Co. – 5275 S. Archer Ave.
• Caffe Gelato – 2034 W. Division St.
• Carbon Live Fire Mexican Grill – 300 W. 26th St.
• Chicago’s Dog House – 816 W. Fullerton Ave.
• Churro Factory – 3755 W. Armitage St.
• Connie’s Pizza – 2371 S. Archer Ave.
• Dia De Los Tamales – 939 W. 18th St. **NEW**
• Eli’s Cheesecake – 6701 W. Forest Preserve Dr.
• Emerald Isle – 6686 N. Northwest Hwy. **NEW**
• Farmer’s Fridge – 111 E. Wacker Dr. **NEW**
• Franco’s Ristorante – 300 W. 31st St.
• Gold Coast Dogs – 225 S. Canal St.
• Iyanze – 4623 N. Broadway
• Kasia’s Deli – 2101 W. Chicago Ave.
• La Bomba Restaurant – 3221 W. Armitage Ave.
• La Mexicana – 4171 S. Archer Ave.
• Lawrence’s Fish & Shrimp – 2120 S. Canal St.
• Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria – 805 S. State St.
• Mariano’s – Chicagoland Location
• Miller’s Pub – 134 S. Wabash Ave. **NEW**
• Oak Street Beach Café – 5700 S. Cicero Ave.
• O’Briens Restaurant – 1528 N. Wells St.
• Porkchop – 941 W. Randolph St.
• Punky’s Pizza & Pasta – 2600 S. Wallace St.
• Ricobene’s on 26th Street – 252 W. 26th St.
• Robinson’s No. 1 Ribs – 225 S. Canal St.
• Star of Siam – 11 E. Illinois St.
• The Fudge Pot – 1532 N. Wells St.
• Tuscany – 1014 W. Taylor St
• Vee-Vee’s African Restaurant – 6232 N. Broadway St.
Not only does the taste have the best food you could imagine, it also has an amazing line up of music to boot. Here’s a quick list of this year’s live music schedule. Keep in mind that concert tickets have jumped to $50 dollars now and until July 8th.
Wednesday, July 8
• Lowdown Brass Band
• Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
Thursday, July 9
• Erykah Badu
• Ryan Powers & The Secret Weapons
• The Future Laureates
Friday, July 10
• The Chieftains
• White Mystery
• Tall Walker
• Mike Mains & The Branches
Saturday, July 11
• The Chicago Six
• Antony & The Tramps
• Winner of “RedEye Rock ‘n’ Vote” — TBA
Sunday, July 12
• Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly
• The Soul of James Brown
• The Chicago Rat Pack
• American English
• Reginald Torian, Sr.
So if you live at 3130 North Lakeshore drive or 1000 North LaSalle you are just a hop, skip, and a jump to this year’s Taste of Chicago 2015. We hope to see you there!