Haunted Houses in Chicago
A friend of mine asked me the other day if I wanted to go to a haunted house. I had two reactions: (1) Absolutely not. Haunted houses are basically my worst nightmare. (2) Does Chicago even have any haunted houses? The answer is yes, it has many very very good haunted houses. So, if you’re braver than I am, you should check out these spots for some guaranteed scares.
The Fear House Navy Pier
This haunted attraction comes with a theme: Zombie Containment. What is it with people loving Zombies lately? This is described as an aggressive (WHAT??), high scare (!!!), interactive haunted house at night and a low scare/lights show during the day. So basically I will be staying away from Navy Pier for the month of October. Thrill seekers – feel free to check it out. Open through November 2nd. Also, here’s a coupon: http://www.thefearhauntedhouse.com/coupon.html
- Tickets are $20
- Thursdays & Sundays 7-10pm
- Fridays & Saturdays 7-11pm
Audience Annihilated Part 2: Gold Star Sticker:
5026 N. Lincoln Ave; This is a haunted house unlike any you’ve ever been to because it combines theatre with the idea of a haunted house. Audience members are asked to participate in what is deemed a highly interactive horror story.
- Tickets are $18
- Runs October 17th through November 2nd
- Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Buy tickets online at: http://www.dreamtheatrecompany.com
Fear City Haunted House:
8240 N. Austin; Huge. This haunted house is gigantic, which to me, seems a million time scarier. With 40,000 square feet, this haunted house recreates Chicago as a haunted city. I mean, they’re so detailed they even replicate an El train car and re-create Wacker Drive. If all that wasn’t enough to get your attention, they also transport attendees to an abandoned school haunted by murderous students (oh joy!).
- Tickets are $25
- Runs every day except Mondays and Tuesdays through November 1
- Buy tickets online at: http://fearcitychicago.com/schedule/calendar
Fright Fest: Six Flags
If you feel like getting out of the city this is a great option for Halloween festivities and haunted houses. Six Flags has a Halloween theme going for six weeks with six haunted houses and live shows. The spookiest times are after 6pm – before then it’s considered kid friendly.
- Tickets are $34.99 (this includes the express haunted attraction wristband which includes unlimited haunted visits and reduced wait time)
- Runs select days (mostly weekends) through November 2nd
- Buy tickets online at: http://frightfest.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/tickets/