Fall is officially here and we are starting off the season with a grand celebration! Chicago knows how to celebrate in the summer, but let’s not forget that there are many great events coming up this fall throughout the city!
Apples, pumpkins, corn, crisply cool mornings, golden leaves, hot cider, cinnamon, cozy jackets and crazy costumes. Everything about fall in the city is wonderful. Time Out Chicago published a great article this week on 80 Things to do in Chicago This Fall. There’s something for everyone! Here are some of our favorite highlights:
- PPM’s Fall Festival- This Saturday at 3130 N. Lake Shore Drive. From 11-3pm we will have lots of fall treats to share- caramel apples, cider and a BBQ! Plus, pumpkin carving, a live DJ and chances to win FREE RENT!!! (….. Okay, this wasn’t in Time-Out Chicago, but it’s definitely worth mentioning! See you there!!!)
- The 10th Annual Chicago Horror Film Fest. Great for date night or group fun, this is the spookiest film fest of them all!
- The Blackhawk’s home opener is Oct. 9th. Stanley is ours. And we are NOT giving him back.
- Oktoberfest Brew Cruise along the lake with catering from Harry Carey’s. Enjoy the moon and some cheese with your beer! Check it out at the Shoreline Dock at Navy Pier!
- The Bucktown Apple Pie Contest will get you in the mood for Fall! October 10th at Holstein Park.
- The first football game at Wrigley Field since 1938 will take place in November. Northwestern versus Illinois!
- The Spooky Zoo Spectacular is October 23rd at the Lincoln Park Zoo! What can we say? It’s a great time—and it’s FREE!!!
- Catch a Bears Game! Don’t forget to wake up early and tailgate!
- Check out the 14th Annual North Halsted Halloween Parade is October 31st, don’t miss it!
- “Uproar on Lakeshore” is the Flat Track Women’s Roller Derby at the UIC Pavilion, November 5th. Watch the ladies tear it up!
- Join a recreational sports league. Co-ed flag football is a huge hit in Chicago during the fall!
- And don’t forget, the Chicago Farmer’s markets go through the fall! Check the website for your local market dates and times.
For more fabulous Fall events check out Time-Out Chicago’s article!